Selling your home can be both exciting and stressful. It is important to make sure that your home is in prime condition before you put it on the market. To make your home attractive to potential buyers, take some time to prepare it properly so that its value is maximized. Here are a few tips on how to get your house ready for sale:
- Make Necessary Repairs: Take care of any repairs or maintenance tasks that need to be done, such as fixing a broken window or patching up holes in the wall. This will help show buyers that they won’t have to do any major work when they move into the house.
- Clean and Declutter: A clean and clutter-free house will appear more inviting and spacious to potential buyers. Vacuum, mop floors, scrub bathrooms, dust surfaces, and organize closets so each room looks its best. Get rid of furniture and items you don't need anymore or consider renting a storage unit for those items until after your home is sold.
- Freshen Up Interiors: Give the walls a fresh coat of paint, replacing worn carpets with new ones if necessary and replacing outdated fixtures with modern ones--all of which can give the impression that everything in the home is still new and updated. When selecting colors for painting walls, choose neutral shades such as white or light gray so that buyers can better visualize themselves living in the space.
- Enhance Curb Appeal: The exterior of your home should look just as appealing as the inside if you want it to sell quickly! Paint railings and door frames if necessary; power wash siding; trim trees; edge lawns; and add colorful plants or flowers near entryways. Don’t forget about lighting either–make sure there are adequate lights around walkways, porches, garages, etc., so people feel safe coming at night to view your property.
- Consider Hiring a Professional Home Inspector: Before potential buyers come over, hire an experienced local inspector who can examine all aspects of the house from plumbing issues to heating systems ensuring there are no underlying issues with the property that could affect its value during negotiations later on down the line.
Last but not least, contact us at Iconic YEG - we can guide you through each step and what to do to prepare your home for sale and get the best returns. By taking these steps to prepare your home for sale ahead of time will save you time (and money!) throughout the process by maximizing how much interest buyers have in your property from start through close - resulting in potentially higher offers from more qualified buyers who are actually interested in moving forward with buying it!